- Category: Curriculum
To identify and prepare the next generation of curriculum and instructional leaders.
Texas ASCD, as the premier professional organization for curriculum and instruction in Texas, is committed to the identification and professional development of individuals who currently provide leadership or aspire to be in positions of leadership in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
Central office personnel with curriculum leadership responsibilities. However this session is beneficial for anyone involved in curriculum development and implementation regardless of the experience (lead teachers, department heads, principals, superintendents, curriculum directors, and central office support staff).
• Develop a deep understanding of the concepts, processes, and skills required to organize, lead, and systemically improve curriculum design and delivery.
• Know how to use data to improve student academic performance using conceptual tools and processes for decision-making.
• Provide research-based best practices necessary to align, design and delivery in ways that engage students in meaningful, authentic learning.
• Establish professional networks where professional learning and job alike dialogue is promoted and supported.
• Systemic Approach to Curriculum Development
• Curriculum Design
• Assessment FOR Learning
• Curriculum Delivery-Instruction
• Technology and the Digital Learner
• Accountability of Learning
• Connecting the Dots
The Curriculum Leadership Academy XI is scheduled for six days. Participants will need to attend all six days to complete the certification. To register please click here.
September 23-24, 2014
October 16-17, 2014
January 12-13, 2015
Region 7 Education Service Center
1909 N. Longview St.
Kilgore, TX 75662
1. Attend and participate actively in all scheduled academy sessions.
2. Develop a Curriculum Management Plan
3. Complete and submit final evaluation of the academy
6-day Academy Registration Fee:
This includes all six days of the academy, continental breakfast/lunch, a notebook of materials, and certification.