Presenters: Beatrice Moore Luchin
Workshop Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration time: 8:30 am
Registration fee: $175 ($150 for Texas ASCD members)
Please contact our office at 512.477.8200 to schedule this institute at your location.
Summary: Today’s assessments- EOC, STAAR, SAT, PSAT, AP and district benchmarks- require that teachers have the ability to create and pose questions to students in order to engage them and elicit deeper-level thinking about the subject under discussion Skillful us of the art of questioning is one of the basic skills of good teaching. Increased student achievement has directly linked to teachers use of effective questioning strategies. This seminar will focus on how instructors can use the art of thoughtful questioning to extract not only factual information, but aid learners in connecting concepts, making inferences, increasing awareness, encouraging creative and imaginative thought, aiding critical thinking processes, and generally helping learners explore deeper levels of knowing, thinking, and understanding.
As a seminar participant, you will:
1. Expand your understanding of various questioning processes that support the development and use of
- Teacher Generated Questions
- Student Generated Questions
- Questions for diagnostic, formative and summative assessments
- Differentiated Instruction
2. Further develop your skills in question construction and assessment;
Who Should Attend: Secondary Math Teachers, Mathematics coaches, Lead Teachers, and Administrators.